Monday, October 26, 2009
The training was was AMAZING! Within 5 minutes of the trainer (I'll call her G) arriving Lilli was already calmer. It's basically one word for everything and that is BAH! no using their name as a negative command (which I knew but we have both slipped into the habit of doing it) and even when they're relaxing you drop in a quiet bah! just to let them know you are the leader of the pack. Already it is working! I won't go into the techniques too much but we did the collar/lead training - getting her to sit beside me, stay, walk (free!) (which we've done before at school) and then we did the training on her waiting for me to walked through the door and gate first. The mental stimulation was so much for Lill that hers eyes were getting heavy he he
G also taught us how to stop her jumping on us when we want to cuddle on the lounge. Now Lilli has to be invited to come over to my part of the lounge.
G also wants me to take her off dry-food (I took her off canned food a few months ago on the advice of another dog trainer - all the advice out there is so confusing!) she said it can contribute to making dogs anxious. G also said not to use bowls but just scatter the food out into the backyard. This will solve the problem of Lilli fighting Jasmine over food. So far so good! So it's fresh fruit and vegetables and meat for Lill now (she already has chicken necks and sardines). I'm willing to give this a go if the outcome is a calmer dog! Today I've introduced her to carrots, celery, apple (she's had all of those in small amounts before). Now it's raining but I guess she just has to eat it all up before it gets too wet!
In the car yesterday she only sooked a little twice and both times I sent BAH! and she stopped. We've just done some homework and she was a very good girl. I man and a dog walked past across the road and she turned her head and watched them (maybe she could only see the man, although she would've have barked at him) I said BAH! and she didn't move (we were in the sit/stay position) A-MAZING!
G was here for 2.5 hours and I am so in awe of my new and improve little Lilli. For those of you who know me you will know Lilli is my life, I love my little sausage to bits!
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Now we have both discussed how I could've have put on a bit of weight because I don't get to go to the park and run around with the other doggys due to my feral behaviour (3 more sleeps til the trainer comes!). We were a bit surprised when Mummy picked me up to weigh me and I've gain 2 kilos!
Mummy has lost weight - looks like I've found it.
Lucky I am gorgeous though and carry it well.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Friday, October 2, 2009
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Watch this video and see how dachshunds run! But what happened to this dachie - he looks like me but did his mummy spill bleach on him?
Friday, September 25, 2009
10 things I love about Lilli the Dachshund (in no particular order)
1. Snoring Lilli. She does the tiniest little snores. Lilli only seems to only snore when she falls asleep on the lounge at night while I'm watching TV.
2. Sunbaking Lilli. Lilli loves to sit in the sun but especially in the front yard (as Lilli has blogged about here).
3. Toast Lilli. When I give Lilli a cuddle after she's been napping she smells of toast. It's a very special smell, it's just toasty and warm.
4. Bathroom Lilli. Even if I shut the door she will nudge it open and will want to jump up on me. Annoying sometimes but to be honest I would miss it if she stopped!
5. Shower Lilli. When I have a shower Lilli will sit on the bathroom mat and wait for me; it's probably the one and only time she sits still and does nothing. Then when I get out of the shower she puts her front paws up on the edge and licks the water.
6. Comfort Lilli. Before going to sleep Lilli will 'paw' at her bed or blanket to get it just right. It's comforting to me before I go to sleep because I know that she is comfortable and about to go off to Dachshund sleepy land.
7. Best friend Lilli. Seeing Jasmine and Lilli together warms my heart. When they see each other for the first time they bounce around. Whenever they nap together Lilli always has to touch her bum to Jasmine's bum.
8. Pokey Tongue Lilli. Sometimes Lilli falls asleep with the littlest bit of tongue sticking out.
9. Cuddles Lilli. I think one of Lilli's favourite things is cuddles! Sometimes if we're awake a little early I will lift her up onto my bed and we'll have a bit of cuddle time (okay it's more like a time of Lilli trying to get under the covers; then when she realises she won't win that battle she will then nuzzle my hand for a pat; then she'll finally settle into nice cuddle time).
10. Hometime Lilli. Coming home to Lilli is one of my favourite times of the day. I peak out the window and see a little black bottom and then as I open the door that little bottom hits the deck so fast (she knows the screen door won't be open until she sits!).
I love my little Lilli so much.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Monday, September 21, 2009
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Monday, July 27, 2009
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Monday, July 20, 2009
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
She is the bestest Mummy in the world - she gives me cuddles, shares her blanket with me, feeds me (sometimes 4Legs!) and she sings me nice songs.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
How would I feel if Mummy got another puppy?
Is there room in this house for another VIP?
Mummy saw an ad for a mini tan dachshund puppy - free to a good home.
At least with a puppy brother in the house I could boss someone around. I wouldn't be at the bottom of the doggy order anymore.
.....but then again I think I want my Mummy all to myself....
Mummy just hopes that the little puppy finds a nice home to go to :(
Friday, June 12, 2009
Monday, June 1, 2009
Thursday, May 28, 2009
I don't wear make-up but my mummy reads this blog as it's great for make-up tips and things about Lara. Thank you for the award Lara, I'm glad you enjoy my blog - I will ask mummy to update it more!
I would like to pass this award onto:
♥ Jaime at She Will Have Her Way
♥ My little friend Isla (and her Mummy Ally) at Give A Girl the Right Shoes and She can Conquer the World
♥ Liss (and my doggy crush Dougall *swoon*) at Frills in the Hills
♥ Gems (a dachshund lover!) at The Life of Gems (PS: Happy birthday lovely)
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Mummy showed me this video today to show me how pretty I could look in a nice dress. Obviously Mummy needs reminding that I look pretty just as a Nudie Rudie dachshund.
PS: this dachie is a miniature, I am longer. I also have different markings on my face (ie I am cuter)
Thursday, April 23, 2009
And check out the wall decals.....I am adding these to my birthday wish list and think Mummy just might buy them for me ;)
Thank you Ali - and you are right! I am little.....and beautiful he he xx
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
We may be in a recession, but for some animal lovers - nothing is good enough for the pampered pet. That includes a multi-million dollar diamond necklace. The Daschund in the photo is wearing a necklace that is worth $3.2 million.
Monday, April 6, 2009
We are heading to Oma & Poppy's place out in the bush - even though they have gone on holidays themselves.
I love it at Poppy's house because I have lots of room to run around, there is lots to sniff and Mummy and I can sleep/relax a lot.
Here are some (naked) pics of me enjoying Poppy's place at Christmas time.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Mummy has been hogging the computer so I haven't been able to get on to update my blog.
The countdown to my birthday is now on - 30 more sleeps - so Mummy asked me to make a list of things I might like:
♥ a year's supply of 4Legs
♥ a new bed (select dark chocolate colour)
♥ a new coat perhaps
♥ I can never have enough chew toys
♥ or just a day with Mummy, Jasmine & her Daddy xx
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Today is St Joseph's Day and after celebrations at Mummy's school (ironically including a sausage sizzle), Mummy went to her grandparents place and her Mummy told her there was a surprise there! When Mummy went outside there was Fritz waiting for her! They were never sure how old Fritz was because they rescued him but they think he was about four.
We don't have many photos of Fritz, only a grainy photo but Mummy has told me a lot about him. He was a black and tan smooth just like me. He could sit and beg for treats. His favourite food was Coon cheese and his best friend was Ben the chihuahua (Nanny's dog).
Mummy wanted a miniature poodle but got a dachshund instead - how lucky was that?!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
1. List these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.
3. Tell 7 unspectacular quirks about you.
4. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
5.Link the person who tagged you.
6.Leave a comment for each blogger.
It could be nice if you post a personal photo with this post.
Well I'm always up for posting a photo :D
7 Facts About Me.
1. I'm 62cms long and 23cms tall
2. My favourite food is 4Legs
3. My best friend is Jasmine the Golden Retriever - she is tall, long haired and white - I am short, short haired and black
4. I adopted from the Lort Smith Animal Hospital
5. I am one of many of dachshunds in my family - my Mummy's second; my great-parents had some; my great aunts (on both sides) had some.....just goes to show we really are the best dogs
6. I can sit and shake hands but I can't "drop" (there's not where to go to drop!)
7. My favourite park is Birchgrove Park
7 Unspectacular Quirks About Me.
1. I grumble like an old man in my sleep
2. I don't like clothes
3. I love to get under my blanket, even in summer
4. I love it when my Mummy sings to me - she makes up songs just for me
5. I LOVE Vegemite on toast
6. Every morning while Mummy is getting ready for work, I get back into bed
7. I have a white stripe on my chest
Tag 7 people
1. Anita and Family at For a Lifetime of Learning
2. Kim at Life and times of a single girl in Sydney
3. Joey & Maggie at The Long and Short of It All
4. Ally & Isla at Isla's journey
5. Kahlee at Kahlee Rose
6. Marie at Under the Tree
7. Teneal at The girl most likely....
We should start visiting a nursing home near us within the next couple of weeks. I'm super excited as I'm going to get lots of pats, hugs and attention.
Love & pats
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Mummy is going to training on Saturday so we can get started on our Delta charity work.
I am very excited because I know I'll get lots of attention and pats. Mummy says that I'll make lots of people happy which is good too!
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
Thank you to Mummy's friend Maria. I love it and it was very thoughtful of you to think about me.
For being a good girl during the move to the new house Mummy bought me a present yesterday - chicken wings YUM YUM!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Monday, February 9, 2009
If you can help with emergency relief or make a cash donation please go to the RSPCA Victoria website.
To all our friends in Victoria please stay safe.
Love & pats
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
I think there is something going on in my house. Mummy has the boxes out again so I think we're moving. I've foiled Mummy's plans though so she can't pack everything up I'm sitting on her packing newspaper he he. See, I'm not just a pretty face....
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
We lived in Melbourne at first. I was a famous doggy around those parts – here is the link to my story and we also featured in New Idea magazine.
We have now moved to Sydney and I love it here. When I first moved here I got to stay with my Aunty Manda then Mummy and I moved into my new house. Some days I go over to Aunty Penny’s house for playover with her little people called Sophie and Paddy.
I like going to the park especially if there are bigger dogs there because I like to chase them around and show them who’s boss. I also like going to cafes with my Mummy especially if Aunty Lynda and Uncle Nathan come along too. Uncle Nathan likes to take me for walks and if I get too tired he puts me in his bag! Don’t tell him this but I often just pretend that I’m tired so he carries me around because it’s like one big cuddle!
I love it when my Oma and Poppy come to visit. Oma will cuddle me for hours and Poppy pretends he doesn’t like dogs but I have changed all that and now I cuddle up to him the most – it makes him think he’s the boss of the family but everyone knows it’s really me. For Christmas Mummy took me up to Poppy & Oma’s place, they live where it’s quiet and there are a lot of trees and grass so I could go off and explore!
There are two beds in my room – one is a small bed really close to the ground and the other is a big bed with a wooden frame, a mattress, pillows, sheets and a doona. I let Mummy sleep in the big bed with me, sometimes she tells me to sleep on the little bed but I look at her with my cutest face and she then lets me back up onto my bed.
I hope you enjoy reading my blog – the life of an inner city dachshund!
Love & Pats